Thursday 21 May 2009

Which Way Is Up?

That was my face when I started weightwatchers, I still am like that sometimes.. But after losing weight my face changed to this..


It makes sense really (Well maybe to me) but after being on the diet for so long, we tend to forget what it was like at the beginning, or how enthusiastic we were to take the few intrepid steps into the unknown.. I try to recreate the 1st time to help me understand the diet.

Experience makes it easier, but have you ever noticed how complacent you become the longer you are on it? Thinking to yourself that having that takeaway won't matter as you can lose it next week.

I remember the 1st few weeks were so strict I thought that if I didn't lose, the WW assassins would come through the door & remove me from existence. But with time I am becoming too relaxed & need to really try harder than I have been.

At the end of the day, no excuse is going to make me lose weight.. I could anthropromorphise any situation or foodstuff to blame for not sticking to the diet, but I need to keep reminding myself that it is just me & nothing else.

I found my old card from 2005 where I lost 6 stone in 6 months.. I had so many silver 7's on it I needed sunglasses to read it. Why can't I do that now? I need to put my mindset into hardcore & stop being a fatty!

But days occur where we let ourselves down & sometimes, the beating up isn't going to prevent it or make it any better. So we plod on & with any luck take one more step forward that will rule out the steps we take back.

Oh & I put on 4lb this week.. I have this knack of spectacular weight loss & weight gain. There is no happy medium in my diet.. But I am still under 18 stone so am not too angry at myself.

So for the next 2 weeks I need to lose.. This will work in 2 ways, I will look good for a fancy dress I'm going to be dressed as Bruce Willis in the 1st Die Hard film & 2nd it will give me the impetus to finally realise that I can't keep yoyoing to the extent I have been.

On another note..


That is a cat on a jet fighter, your argument is invalid ;)

2 comments:

  1. Had to coment for the sheer fact that I love Kevin Smith!!! *laughs* I know what it's like to struggle. I made my lifetime when I was 18. I lost it all in about four months (just over 40lbs). However, it wasn't to stay off, because I did it all wrong. You have to live this program; not just follow it like regiment. I have been fighting like you as well. Good loss followed by big gain and back again *sigh* but I know that one day this will all work out. Patience is not something I'm good at, but working on!!! I wish you great patience as you learn to "live" this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello I have just been having a catch up and sorry to hear you have been feeling low recently and hope you are feeling better asap and stop being so hard on yourself we are after all just human! lol Good luck for this week xxx

    ReplyDelete