Friday 27 February 2009

Thou Art Being Tested Verily..

Wednesday my mother goes 'ooh I have chest pain'.. 999

Thursday.. ECG & blood test indicates a minor heart attack (if it can be minor in the circumstance), gets told she is staying in 8 days so they can monitor her & perform an angiogram +/- stent removal/reinsertion.

Friday.. Interview at 1330.

This is a week to test even the most erudite & dedicated of followers of watching the weight. But I have been good & am sticking to it.. I can't slip.

But the good news is my mum is doing okay & it's just a matter of waiting now until the procedure. At least I am getting exercise with the housework.

But I really don't like being tested. As the saying goes 'What doesn't kill me will only make me stronger'.. That is a test I really don't want to test if you get my drift.

5 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your mom! How scary! But I'm glad she's doing better. Good for you for sticking to your plan too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for sticking to your plan even when life deals you a swift kick below the belt! Not an easy task!!

    I hope your mum recovers well! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and the family are in my prayers, keep the faith and all will be well!!!

    As for sticking to the WW while being so readily tested....I say Bravo!!!!
    Keep up the great effort!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping all is well in your corner of the world...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Bry, hope your mum is doing ok and that your dieting hasn't suffered too much. Lookin forward to another blog post when you can.

    ReplyDelete